Askal vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
French Bulldog is originated from France but Askal is originated from Philippines. French Bulldog may grow 35 cm / 13 inches shorter than Askal. French Bulldog may weigh 15 kg / 33 pounds lesser than Askal. French Bulldog may live 3 years less than Askal. Both French Bulldog and Askal has almost same litter size. Both French Bulldog and Askal requires Low Maintenance.
The french bulldog originated in England and are bred expecting small size bulldogs. Many lace workers in Nottingham had little bulldogs and when they emigrated to france, they brought their dogs with them. Soon they become popular in France and Europe. Then Americans showed interest in them.In 1896 frenchie was shown in United states in a show and after that they got their nickname "Frechie".
The Askal is a native dog of the Philippines where until fairly recently it was viewed condescendingly. As strays they have been slaughtered and dished up at the dinner table. Fortunately, campaigns have been launched to protect the dogs. The Askal has existed in the Philippines for centuries but the actual origin of the dogs is unknown. Some people speculate about the dogs, saying they look like the Dingo and must have descended from Australia’s native dog.
PAWS which is an animal Rescue and Re-homing, non-profit group encourages the use of the term Aspin for the dog as opposed to Askal and has had campaigns to promote the Aspin as a wonderful, local pet – loyal, robust and intelligent. In fact the Aspin Club has now been formed to give the dogs a club of their own and to promote the local breed.
Frenchie is a good companion dog and has a powerful muscular body. They like to play but also likes to relax for more time. They are intelligent and training them is very easy until they think it a game. They are free thinkers and are not very good in obedience. Frenchies should not be leaved alone for a long time.They love spending time with humans and generally they get along with everyone. They are excellent watchdogs and alerts when strangers come.
They suits very well in apartments. But they shuold be made to walk for fifteen minutes daily to avoid over weight. They should not be kept outside on hot days. Frenchies will be very happy if you stay in home. They will follow you wherever you walk inside the house. They love people so much, such that people who own a Frenchie can not imagine life without them.
Askals make awesome companions – intelligent and loving and their status is improving.
Smart to Train
Askals are now being trained to be bomb and narcotics sniffing dogs and it seems as though there are talks about making the Askal the national dog of the Philippines. They’re smart enough to train and socialize if you train them with patience and kindness.
They are medium-sized, feisty dogs with fairly long thin legs with short dense coats of many different colours. With their long, pointed muzzles and good, strong teeth, their ear shapes vary too, as some have pricked ears, while others have one pricked and one floppy ear.
Loyal to Family and Good with Kids
The Askal will make a good watch dogs and he is protective with hisr human family, getting on well with children in the home, loving their energy and games.
Frenchies can suffer from Von Willebrand's disease(VWD)and thyroid condition. Due to their flat faces they suffer from elongated soft palate or cleft palate. Because of their compacted air way they have inability to effectively regulate temperature.
Any indication that the hair is unhealthy, such as brittleness and hair loss, should be addressed immediately to avoid any further damage. Hair loss becomes a problem when it becomes excessive, possibly due to disease or a particular condition.
Fewer Genes in Common - Healthier Pets
Askals are healthy dogs because they are a mixed breed. The parents of a mongrel puppy have fewer genes in common than would be with a pure-bred mating. This is a distinct health advantage and mongrels are healthier and live longer than pure bred dogs. Street dogs have greater generic diversity and this gives them high resistance to many common dog illnesses.
Vaccinations Imperative for Askal Puppy
The Askal is a tough, low maintenance dog that won’t cost you a lot of money in veterinary bills. Every Askal puppy will have to be taken to the vet to get his must-have vaccinations to protect him from killer dog diseases.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
As with all dogs, proper nutrition makes your French Bulldog a happy, healthy pup. He should have his own food and water bowls. Don't feed your puppy uncooked meat or food that may have gone bad. Young puppies need relatively large amount of food in order to meat the demands of their rapidly growing bodies and their hectic lifestyle. Feed your puppy specially designed chewing treats from reputable pet stores.
Feeding the adult
According to the French Bull Dog Club of America, there are no specific guidelines for feeding them. Options for feeding your French Bulldog are commercial dry food, canned food, raw food and homemade meals. Calories required for frenchie varies depending on size, age, activity level and metabolism.
Points for Good Health
- Dry kibble is good for dog's teeth.
- Vaccinations should be made on right time.
- Choke collar must be used for walking and training.
Games and Exercises
Frenchies can be made to walk or run for a particular distances. Heavy exercises should not be given as they face respiratory problems. Avoid exercising them in hot weather as they have chances of getting heatstroke.
the Askal is a low shedder and to keep him in tip-top condition will require you brushing his shor-haired coat twice a week.
Askals dogs are native Philippine dogs and aren’t difficult to feed. While you want to give your Askal the best quality food possible, they are unlike pure breed pedigrees and their stomachs are far more resilient to disease causing organisms that may upset the stomach. Having such a robust dog as a pet will cost you less in dog food as they can tolerate cheaper quality foods and left over scraps from the family table. Make sure the food you toss to him is fresh as you don’t want to take his strong stomach for granted and risk him getting sick. If you’re able to provide your Askal with hone cooked food, rice, vegetables and meat will be perfect for this wonderful pet of yours. Feeding your Askal will depend on your budget, but that’s the beauty with the Askal – it’s a dog that every dog-lover can own because this isn’t an exotic, expensive dog. Make sure he always has access to a bowl of clean, cool water.
The Askal has always roamed the Phillipine streets. Every dog will require some form of exercising and the Askal is no different. Take him for walks or play ball games with him to ensure he is stimulated and made to feel part of the family.
They are polite with everyone including other pets. They love to play games and chase balls but don't need much exercise.
Frenchies adapts well for apartment living but they don't like being alone for long time. They will not tolerate both hot and cold weather and so air conditioning will be better.
They are easy to train and are very much interested in playing.
The Askal is an independent canine, street-smart and intelligent. He is a great pet for anyone who hasn't owned a pet before as he is low maintenance and undemanding.
Just your Regular Dog-Next Door
The Askal is intelligent and you won't have trouble teaching him some tricks and socializing him. He gets on well with children in the home as well as with other pets and his loyalty and devotion will ensure that he makes one hang of a companion.
He is just your 'dog next door', has no hang-ups and is simple to please. Be patient and kind to him and you'll be rewarded by having an awesome best friend.
Your Askal is wanting to be your unconditional friend through thick and thin. His undemanding, low maintenance character will mean that you won't be running to the vet with him all the time. Look after him well, include him as a member of the family and in exchange you'll have a wonderful best friend.
Comparison with other breeds
- French Bulldog vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Yorkshire Terrier vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Abruzzenhund - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Afghan Hound - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Airedale Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Akbash Dog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Akita - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Africanis - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Askal - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Askal - Breed Comparison