Kromfohrlander vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
Both Affenpinscher and Kromfohrlander are originated from Germany. Affenpinscher may grow 16 cm / 6 inches shorter than Kromfohrlander. Affenpinscher may weigh 10 kg / 22 pounds lesser than Kromfohrlander. Affenpinscher may live 3 years less than Kromfohrlander. Affenpinscher may have less litter size than Kromfohrlander. Affenpinscher requires High Maintenance. But Kromfohrlander requires Low Maintenance
This breed originated from Germany. The latest information on this breed is from the 17th century. Actually, Affenpinscher got its name from Affe, which means monkey. Their accentors considered to be Brussels Griffon and Mini Schnauzer. People trained this breed to be a working dog, to remove rodents, granaries, and stables from the living area.
Many troops of World War 1 and World War II would have some or other mascot that they would keep close to them as a reminder of home. The mascot would also inspire them, giving them hope to endure.
A Kromfohrlander dog, ‘Original Peter’ was one such mascot – a scruffy Terrier-type dog that army troops from the USA found in France.
This particular dog was accidentally mated with a Fox Terrier, with the breed essentially developing from the military dog from the 1940s. After 10 years of development, the Federation Cynologique Internationale accepted the breed in August, 1955.
It is still a rare breed, being found mainly in Germany.
The height of the breed is approximately 23 to 30cm. They have monkey-like expressions, and that is why it got its name. The primary color of the coat is black, but it can be gray, brown, red, white). Every club has a list of acceptable colors. Not all the colors are accepted in every country.
The lifespan of Affenpinscher variates from dog to dog, but it is on average 11.4. That is a typical lifespan of dog that size, but they can live much more depends on the care and health of the dog.
Litter size of Affenpinscher is 1-3 puppies. They are very small dogs, so having a small number of puppies is normal for mini breeds.
Other Names of Affenpinscher are monkey dog, Affen or Affie. All the other names are related to its size and monkey-like look.
Fondly referred to as the Kromi or the Lander, the purebred Kromfohrlander, known as a companion dog, is medium sized.
Both males and females stand at roughly 38 – 46cm in height and they weigh about 9 – 16kg.
They have two different coat types – the smooth haired one and the rough haired one, both coming with a soft undercoat. The dog is a moderate shedder. If you really want to be smart then the smooth coat is referred to as Glatthaar and the wire-haired Rauhaar. The color of the coat is white with brown, orange tan markings with the ears and part of the face mostly covered in the brown/tan markings.
The head of the dog is fairly round shaped and he has half-erect, half floppy ears. His legs are straight and firm and the medium length isn’t docked.
The Kromfohrlander is known for being a loving family pet that loves nothing more than staying within reach of one of his human family members. This closeness with his people means that he can adapt to life in the city or the countryside, so long as he is with his humans.
Wherever he lives though, because he is such an active dog he will require a good dose of mental- and physical stimulation. He is a docile dog, but not timid and not aggressive either, being friendly and amicable by nature. He makes a great playmate for children and is willing to get along with other pets in the home too.
It is very important to choose a quality puppy from a quality breed. Affenpinscher can have some health problems. Hip dysplasia collapsed trachea, and the luxating patella is the most common health complications of this breed. But, the most of the dogs die of an old age, so if you are choosing wisely, and with proper education and consulting, you will have a happy and a healthy dog.
Feisty, energetic, full of life, entertaining and comical, your Kromfohrlander is intelligent too and with good care, exercise and lots of love your dog will maintain all these good characteristics and reach anything from 12 to 16 years of age.
However, there are some dog illnesses that could affect your dog such as hip dysplasia, ear- and eye infections such as lens luxation which can actually cause loss of vision, cancer, diabetes, epilepsy, bloat and others.
Dogs that are ignored in terms of getting enough exercise are prone to weight gain and this in itself can lead to joint disease and other illnesses.
Caring The Pet
Affenpinscher daily amount food should be based on a size and activity of the dog. But approximately ¼ or ½ cup of high-quality food should be enough for your dog. It is recommended to divide into two meals per day. You can also add some vegetables, oil, meat or fruits into a meal, but only small size portions.
Feeding Affenpinscher puppy
Feeding Affenpinscher puppy is similar to feeding an adult dog. The difference is in a number of meals per day. It is recommended to give 3-5 portions per day for a puppy.
Also giving vitamins and minerals to a puppy dog is very important for health.
Grooming the Affenpinscher could be a challenging task. It requires regular care with every day brushing and cleaning. They have a strong and rough coat. A good side of that is Affen size. They are not big, so there wouldn’t be a lot to groom.
Your Kromfohrlander has two coat types - wirehaired or smooth. Don’t be overwhelmed by the brush and comb selections there are to keep his coat shiny ad healthy.
The idea is to simply choose a brush such as a bristle brush that can be used on all coat types. A brush like this will allow you to gently brush your pet’s coat to remove grass, dust and burrs and to make it a pleasant experience for your pet.
You want your Kromfohrlander to look forward to his brushing session. You can check him over for lumps, fleas and ticks at the same time.
Other grooming routines that your Kromfohrlander will need is nail clipping, checking inside and outside the ears for fleas and ticks as well as wax- and dirt build-up as well as teeth brushing. If teeth brushing for dogs is new to you there are pet groomers and even your vet who will offer this important service for you.
Characteristics of Affenpinscher
Affenpinscher is a toy sized dog, so they are fragile and you always have to watch out for them. They require a lot of training because they are very stubborn. Breed experts recommend positive training because they can’t respond badly and get depressed if you practice old ways of practice, which include punishments.
They tend to bark a lot and can be unfriendly to guests and other animals. It is important to train them properly and to spend as much time as they can with other animals.
The great thing about Affenpinscher is that they are very easy to carry around and they are beautiful little dogs. They are braver than most of the toy dogs because of the terrier descent. The funny thing about them is that they take themselves very seriously which can be very funny to the owners.
They don’t need a lot of exercises. They love walking, but they do not require a lot of it.
Affenpinscher is a great watch dog. They tend to protect the house and they are amazing dogs for watching.
They are not very good with children because they are very sensitive and they love attention. It is also important not to spoil them, even if it’s funny sometimes, it is not recommended to spoil your dog.
The Kromfohrländer is one of those dogs that has been bred specifically to be man’s best friend.
When you delve into his history you see that he has never had any particular role as a working- or hunting dog but that he has been bred to be a companion animal.
He can’t be left alone for too many hours as his very nature makes it that he longs to be around his human family constantly. He is therefore not a dependant dog, relying totally on his human family for his sense of well-being.
Low maintenance, easy-going, loving, devoted, lively and social, when you bring the medium-sized Kromfohrlander into your home, it won’t be long before he will have crept into your heart as well.
Comparison with other breeds
- Affenpinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Abruzzenhund - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Abruzzenhund - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Afghan Hound - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Airedale Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Akbash Dog - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Akita - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Africanis - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Askal - Breed Comparison
- Kromfohrlander vs Atlas Terrier - Breed Comparison