American Bully vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
English Pointer is originated from United Kingdom but American Bully is originated from United States. English Pointer may grow 20 cm / 8 inches higher than American Bully. English Pointer may weigh 16 kg / 35 pounds lesser than American Bully. Both English Pointer and American Bully has almost same life span. Both English Pointer and American Bully has almost same litter size. Both English Pointer and American Bully requires Low Maintenance.
We can find records for pointers from 17th century. Breeds such as Old Spanish and Portuguese Pointer were set in to England from European Mainland. In 1800s they were brought to America and then they slowly developed their hunting skills and in 1910 they became an excellent bird hunter. In 1936 Modern American Kennel was established and they bred pointers in large quantities. They are very popular in southern United States and are called as "bird dog". Pointers are good in hunting birds like pheasant and grouse. They got their name because of their special skills in hunting.
The American Bully breed was founded in the United States in the mid of 1990s also recognized by the United Kennel Club on July 15, 2013. They are augmentation from the American Pit Bull Terrier breed. The ultimate goal of creating this breed was the best family companion. They are selective breeding which means the characteristics and their temperament are artificial ones. So they are influenced by several other breeds like English Bulldog and Olde English Bulldog. Even though they are selective breeding, they possess the peculiar temperament is ultimate companion to their owners.
Pointer has a long head and its body is perfectly suitable for hunting. In hunting the pointers shows hunter the direction of the bird and also they will go and get them after they were shot. They are well known for their speed, energy and continuous working. Pointers are also a good companion dog and love the family members so much. It is very easy to groom them as they have short coat. They are very alert and excellent watch dog.
If pointer is not set in huntng then they should be given lots of exercise daily. Pointers love to play and run with children. They will give a good company for cyclists. Pointers show their talents in dog shows especially in obedience and field trials. They will not worry about the crowd surrounding them and performs well. In performing at public, pointer will show perfect attention to its master. Pointer must be trained slowly from its puppyhood to get good results.
They have proper muscle tone. They are a good family dog. They are very active and agile because of their head and body proportion are balanced. Even though they are a smooth coat dog, they have a great strength because of their size. The super power of this dog possess tremendous stamina and power. An ultimate are essential for maintain the proper muscle tone and also avoid the gain of overweight. The American Bully dog possesses the intense energy to do well in performance and showcase their talents in the events.
There are four kinds of American Bully. Each and every breed has minor difference in their appearance also characteristics. They are,
- Extra Large (XL)
They have medium and large size compact body than the other varieties. The impression of this dog gives little bit rough and tough. But their behaviour is so gentle and also easily mingle with the people and fellow dogs.
The Classic kind is the inspired American Bully. They are light weight than the other varieties. So they have lighter body and less body mass. They have bones substance only not in buff.
The pocket bully possess the same characteristics and appearance of Standard bully. But the only one difference between both of us is height. The pocket bully is shorter than Standard. Even though it is a pocket bully it does not fit in anyone’s pocket, just for kidding.
Extra Large (XL):
Extra Large bully have heavily muscled. So they are very impressive according to the appearance wise. This is also similar to the Bully Standard, they are same in characteristics, temperament and appearance. They are easily weight gaining.
UKC- United Kennel Club
APBT- American Pit Bull Terrier
Pointers face health problems such as gastric torsion, hypothyroidism and canine hip dysplasia. Overweight will also lead to many health problems in them. Other problems seen in them are cardiomyopathy, ectropion and progressive retinal atrophy.
They have the chances to get several skin disorders which leads to hairfall. Follicular Dysplasia is a hereditary disorder which causes hairfall. Special shampoos or lotion to combat the dry skin should be used to overcome this problem.
Joint and Hair fall problems:
Some bully breeders give drugs to their dogs. For the purpose a large muscular body and glossy hair. When the drugs are stopped the dog’s body shrinks back down to a normal size and the hair fall may happen. But it will made many health issues to their dogs, especially it will create organ and joint problems. So better to avoid the usage of drugs.
Sometimes drug’s impact can passed from mother to puppy. If you are adopt a puppy in the market be sure you can find a drug free dog. It will be avoid heritage issues also.
If the Bully have Cherry colour eye, are often affecting by the ectropion and entropion disease. It causes the eyelid is turned outwards away from the eyeball.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
Normally puppies require more food when compared with adult to meet their growth needs. The food given to the pointer puppy must contain vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals. Also the food given to his mother should be continued to the puppy as to avoid digestive problems for the puppy. If it is needed to change the food then it should be done in a step by step process.
Feeding the adult
Pointer can be fed one or two times a day. Usally small meal is given in morning and full meal will be given in the evening. But in case if they will be left alone for the whole day then morning food shall be a full meal. They can be fed meat of goat, pork, fish and woodcock. Brown rice is a good food for pointer.
Points for Good Health
Pointers will be happy if they are always with their family. They enjoy when they are taken outside for playing or camping. Puppies don't need much exercise as adults need. Adults should not be fed too much as it will lead to overweight.
Games and Exercises
When pointer is given proper exercises and training they will be a very good mannered dog. They are very active and intelligent dogs and hence require exercise and training regularly. The breed was developed to be a hunting dog and can work continuously in a day. Pointers should be exercised a minimum of an hour per day. They will be happy to run along with your bicycle and playing frisbee with you.
This breed is naturally have glossy hair. So we can easily groom it. If we are using the dry shampoo and brush the hair as necessary for improve the hair’s health. After bathe rub with a piece of towel because this breed is average shedder.
Vaccination should be the top priority for pets. It will prevent the dogs from rabies. Keep the health check-ups frequently at least once a year.
The worms can easily affect our breed. But we are not easily found unless bully avoid having the food and also checking bully’s waste matter. De-Worming can be prevent by checked every three months to the veterinarian.
Vitamin supplements can help your bully’s nutritional health. There are a lot of vitamin supplements are available in market, but we recommended choosing the best American Bully supplements. The best food for bully needs quality meats that contains high protein rich and fat.
Keep doing exercise is improve the bully’s physique. They are very interested to chase Frisbee. But swimming and walking will be good for them. They are keen bond with master and their family members also like to play with fellow dogs.
Pointer is a wonderful kid friendly dog and a nice companion. Also he is very energetic,fun-loving and an excellent watchdog. Pointers are very courageous as well as obedient. They can work for a very long time. Early socialization will make them with a good behaviour.
They will be happy if they are given a fenced yard to play and spend their natural energy. They will not have a good behaviour in apartment living. Pointers always likes to be with some one in his family. They are suitable for areas having hot weather and they will not do better in cold weather.
Pointers have very high intelligence and thus they are very easy to train. Good behaviours must be taught to them and the main word they must learn is "NO". They should stop what they are doing when they hear the word "NO" from you. "Sit" is another important word they should learn. Training should be given friendly and not compelling them to do it. Giving reward to them will make them happy and give more interest in training.
Ideal Family Companion:
This breed is the best companion also obedient to their owners. It is very intelligent because they have a decision caliber. If anyone make harm to their master, it will aggressive and ready to bite those people. This breed possesses the loyalty and amiable.
They are love to play with kids. This breeder have unique character like extreme tolerance with children. Even though it may be calm in nature, you have to frequently monitor while playing kids with dogs.
The breed is versatile and capable of accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. Like Frisbee, swimming, hide and seek and throw ball. If athlete train the dog they are perform and showcase their talents in the events. Even though they are outgoing dogs, they strictly follow their rules instruct by the master. They are obedient and trustworthy.
American Bully will do okay in an apartment living. Even though they live in moderate weather, they prefer warm climates only. They are love to live with people or even fellow dogs.
Comparison with other breeds
- English Pointer vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs American Bully - Breed Comparison