American Bully vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
Golden Retriever is originated from United Kingdom but American Bully is originated from United States. Golden Retriever may grow 11 cm / 5 inches higher than American Bully. Golden Retriever may weigh 14 kg / 30 pounds lesser than American Bully. Both Golden Retriever and American Bully has same life span. Both Golden Retriever and American Bully has almost same litter size. Golden Retriever requires Moderate Maintenance. But American Bully requires Low Maintenance
The American Bully breed was founded in the United States in the mid of 1990s also recognized by the United Kennel Club on July 15, 2013. They are augmentation from the American Pit Bull Terrier breed. The ultimate goal of creating this breed was the best family companion. They are selective breeding which means the characteristics and their temperament are artificial ones. So they are influenced by several other breeds like English Bulldog and Olde English Bulldog. Even though they are selective breeding, they possess the peculiar temperament is ultimate companion to their owners.
The Golden retriever always gets in the top ten ranking in USA. They are very intelligent and beautiful. Also they are very active and they take more years to mature as they like being silly and playful. Up-to four years they seem to play like a puppy. As the breed is set in for hunting waterfowl and ducks, they need a regular exercise such as walking or running. They love to roam in the yard and run in the beach.
They love to be always with his master and so it will be inside the home. They can be involved in doing regular home activities. Their characteristic is not to be a watchdog, as it barks when a stranger comes and after that they love to make friendship with him. They don't like to spend time alone and hence love to make new friends. When you think of buying a golden retriever puppy you should check whether the breeder is a reputable breeder.They must be well trained for a good result. When bringing it to many different areas they will gain more knowledge and intelligence. The nails can be trimmed at a regular interval which will be good for the foot of your dog.
They have proper muscle tone. They are a good family dog. They are very active and agile because of their head and body proportion are balanced. Even though they are a smooth coat dog, they have a great strength because of their size. The super power of this dog possess tremendous stamina and power. An ultimate are essential for maintain the proper muscle tone and also avoid the gain of overweight. The American Bully dog possesses the intense energy to do well in performance and showcase their talents in the events.
There are four kinds of American Bully. Each and every breed has minor difference in their appearance also characteristics. They are,
- Extra Large (XL)
They have medium and large size compact body than the other varieties. The impression of this dog gives little bit rough and tough. But their behaviour is so gentle and also easily mingle with the people and fellow dogs.
The Classic kind is the inspired American Bully. They are light weight than the other varieties. So they have lighter body and less body mass. They have bones substance only not in buff.
The pocket bully possess the same characteristics and appearance of Standard bully. But the only one difference between both of us is height. The pocket bully is shorter than Standard. Even though it is a pocket bully it does not fit in anyone’s pocket, just for kidding.
Extra Large (XL):
Extra Large bully have heavily muscled. So they are very impressive according to the appearance wise. This is also similar to the Bully Standard, they are same in characteristics, temperament and appearance. They are easily weight gaining.
UKC- United Kennel Club
APBT- American Pit Bull Terrier
The golden retriever sheds hair profusely. The shedding can be reduced by brushing 3 times a week as it will remove the dead hair.Mild shampoo containing omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids must be used so that it will prevent hair fall and provides healthy skin and fur. The hair can be trimmed but it should not be shaved as the pet will get problems during winter. Adding a drop of olive oil in the dog food will reduce shedding.
Joint and Hair fall problems:
Some bully breeders give drugs to their dogs. For the purpose a large muscular body and glossy hair. When the drugs are stopped the dog’s body shrinks back down to a normal size and the hair fall may happen. But it will made many health issues to their dogs, especially it will create organ and joint problems. So better to avoid the usage of drugs.
Sometimes drug’s impact can passed from mother to puppy. If you are adopt a puppy in the market be sure you can find a drug free dog. It will be avoid heritage issues also.
If the Bully have Cherry colour eye, are often affecting by the ectropion and entropion disease. It causes the eyelid is turned outwards away from the eyeball.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
The puppy should be fed 3 times a day and it should be morning 7 and noon and evening within 6. They should not be fed after 6pm and should not be given water after 7pm as to make them a perfect watchdog. Peas, potatoes and flaxseed provide nutrition for them. Chicken fat is good for their skin. Chicory root and chelated minerals are good for their health.
Feeding the adult
The Golden retriever can be fed by normal nutritious and proteins content food as they will gain much energy for them.
Points for Good Health
As the golden retriever has chances of getting bone problems they should not overfed.
Games and Exercises
They are having high energy levels and hence they require playing for 2 hours daily. The breed was set in for sporting and hunting and so it likes to play, run and jog.
This breed is naturally have glossy hair. So we can easily groom it. If we are using the dry shampoo and brush the hair as necessary for improve the hair’s health. After bathe rub with a piece of towel because this breed is average shedder.
Vaccination should be the top priority for pets. It will prevent the dogs from rabies. Keep the health check-ups frequently at least once a year.
The worms can easily affect our breed. But we are not easily found unless bully avoid having the food and also checking bully’s waste matter. De-Worming can be prevent by checked every three months to the veterinarian.
Vitamin supplements can help your bully’s nutritional health. There are a lot of vitamin supplements are available in market, but we recommended choosing the best American Bully supplements. The best food for bully needs quality meats that contains high protein rich and fat.
Keep doing exercise is improve the bully’s physique. They are very interested to chase Frisbee. But swimming and walking will be good for them. They are keen bond with master and their family members also like to play with fellow dogs.
The Golden retriever has a good energy which helps them to be a great hunting dog.
They have a high sensitivity level and will enjoy moderate weather. They don't like apartment life as they love to roam freely and explore new areas.
They also have a high intelligence and so learns tricks very quickly. They love to hold something in mouth and run.
Ideal Family Companion:
The American Bully is ultimate family companion. They are very loving and gentle with the people and their fellow dogs. They are extremely affectionate with family members.
This breed is the best companion also obedient to their owners. It is very intelligent because they have a decision caliber. If anyone make harm to their master, it will aggressive and ready to bite those people. This breed possesses the loyalty and amiable.
They are love to play with kids. This breeder have unique character like extreme tolerance with children. Even though it may be calm in nature, you have to frequently monitor while playing kids with dogs.
The breed is versatile and capable of accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. Like Frisbee, swimming, hide and seek and throw ball. If athlete train the dog they are perform and showcase their talents in the events. Even though they are outgoing dogs, they strictly follow their rules instruct by the master. They are obedient and trustworthy.
American Bully will do okay in an apartment living. Even though they live in moderate weather, they prefer warm climates only. They are love to live with people or even fellow dogs.
Comparison with other breeds
- Golden Retriever vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Golden Retriever vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Labrador Retriever vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- West Highland White Terrier vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Yorkshire Terrier vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs American Bully - Breed Comparison