American Bully vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
French Bulldog is originated from France but American Bully is originated from United States. French Bulldog may grow 15 cm / 5 inches shorter than American Bully. French Bulldog may weigh 36 kg / 79 pounds lesser than American Bully. Both French Bulldog and American Bully has same life span. French Bulldog may have less litter size than American Bully. Both French Bulldog and American Bully requires Low Maintenance.
The french bulldog originated in England and are bred expecting small size bulldogs. Many lace workers in Nottingham had little bulldogs and when they emigrated to france, they brought their dogs with them. Soon they become popular in France and Europe. Then Americans showed interest in them.In 1896 frenchie was shown in United states in a show and after that they got their nickname "Frechie".
The American Bully breed was founded in the United States in the mid of 1990s also recognized by the United Kennel Club on July 15, 2013. They are augmentation from the American Pit Bull Terrier breed. The ultimate goal of creating this breed was the best family companion. They are selective breeding which means the characteristics and their temperament are artificial ones. So they are influenced by several other breeds like English Bulldog and Olde English Bulldog. Even though they are selective breeding, they possess the peculiar temperament is ultimate companion to their owners.
Frenchie is a good companion dog and has a powerful muscular body. They like to play but also likes to relax for more time. They are intelligent and training them is very easy until they think it a game. They are free thinkers and are not very good in obedience. Frenchies should not be leaved alone for a long time.They love spending time with humans and generally they get along with everyone. They are excellent watchdogs and alerts when strangers come.
They suits very well in apartments. But they shuold be made to walk for fifteen minutes daily to avoid over weight. They should not be kept outside on hot days. Frenchies will be very happy if you stay in home. They will follow you wherever you walk inside the house. They love people so much, such that people who own a Frenchie can not imagine life without them.
They have proper muscle tone. They are a good family dog. They are very active and agile because of their head and body proportion are balanced. Even though they are a smooth coat dog, they have a great strength because of their size. The super power of this dog possess tremendous stamina and power. An ultimate are essential for maintain the proper muscle tone and also avoid the gain of overweight. The American Bully dog possesses the intense energy to do well in performance and showcase their talents in the events.
There are four kinds of American Bully. Each and every breed has minor difference in their appearance also characteristics. They are,
- Extra Large (XL)
They have medium and large size compact body than the other varieties. The impression of this dog gives little bit rough and tough. But their behaviour is so gentle and also easily mingle with the people and fellow dogs.
The Classic kind is the inspired American Bully. They are light weight than the other varieties. So they have lighter body and less body mass. They have bones substance only not in buff.
The pocket bully possess the same characteristics and appearance of Standard bully. But the only one difference between both of us is height. The pocket bully is shorter than Standard. Even though it is a pocket bully it does not fit in anyone’s pocket, just for kidding.
Extra Large (XL):
Extra Large bully have heavily muscled. So they are very impressive according to the appearance wise. This is also similar to the Bully Standard, they are same in characteristics, temperament and appearance. They are easily weight gaining.
UKC- United Kennel Club
APBT- American Pit Bull Terrier
Frenchies can suffer from Von Willebrand's disease(VWD)and thyroid condition. Due to their flat faces they suffer from elongated soft palate or cleft palate. Because of their compacted air way they have inability to effectively regulate temperature.
Any indication that the hair is unhealthy, such as brittleness and hair loss, should be addressed immediately to avoid any further damage. Hair loss becomes a problem when it becomes excessive, possibly due to disease or a particular condition.
Joint and Hair fall problems:
Some bully breeders give drugs to their dogs. For the purpose a large muscular body and glossy hair. When the drugs are stopped the dog’s body shrinks back down to a normal size and the hair fall may happen. But it will made many health issues to their dogs, especially it will create organ and joint problems. So better to avoid the usage of drugs.
Sometimes drug’s impact can passed from mother to puppy. If you are adopt a puppy in the market be sure you can find a drug free dog. It will be avoid heritage issues also.
If the Bully have Cherry colour eye, are often affecting by the ectropion and entropion disease. It causes the eyelid is turned outwards away from the eyeball.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
As with all dogs, proper nutrition makes your French Bulldog a happy, healthy pup. He should have his own food and water bowls. Don't feed your puppy uncooked meat or food that may have gone bad. Young puppies need relatively large amount of food in order to meat the demands of their rapidly growing bodies and their hectic lifestyle. Feed your puppy specially designed chewing treats from reputable pet stores.
Feeding the adult
According to the French Bull Dog Club of America, there are no specific guidelines for feeding them. Options for feeding your French Bulldog are commercial dry food, canned food, raw food and homemade meals. Calories required for frenchie varies depending on size, age, activity level and metabolism.
Points for Good Health
- Dry kibble is good for dog's teeth.
- Vaccinations should be made on right time.
- Choke collar must be used for walking and training.
Games and Exercises
Frenchies can be made to walk or run for a particular distances. Heavy exercises should not be given as they face respiratory problems. Avoid exercising them in hot weather as they have chances of getting heatstroke.
This breed is naturally have glossy hair. So we can easily groom it. If we are using the dry shampoo and brush the hair as necessary for improve the hair’s health. After bathe rub with a piece of towel because this breed is average shedder.
Vaccination should be the top priority for pets. It will prevent the dogs from rabies. Keep the health check-ups frequently at least once a year.
The worms can easily affect our breed. But we are not easily found unless bully avoid having the food and also checking bully’s waste matter. De-Worming can be prevent by checked every three months to the veterinarian.
Vitamin supplements can help your bully’s nutritional health. There are a lot of vitamin supplements are available in market, but we recommended choosing the best American Bully supplements. The best food for bully needs quality meats that contains high protein rich and fat.
Keep doing exercise is improve the bully’s physique. They are very interested to chase Frisbee. But swimming and walking will be good for them. They are keen bond with master and their family members also like to play with fellow dogs.
They are good children friendly dogs as they like to play with them. It will be good if they are supervised by an adult.
They are polite with everyone including other pets. They love to play games and chase balls but don't need much exercise.
Frenchies adapts well for apartment living but they don't like being alone for long time. They will not tolerate both hot and cold weather and so air conditioning will be better.
They are easy to train and are very much interested in playing.
Ideal Family Companion:
The American Bully is ultimate family companion. They are very loving and gentle with the people and their fellow dogs. They are extremely affectionate with family members.
This breed is the best companion also obedient to their owners. It is very intelligent because they have a decision caliber. If anyone make harm to their master, it will aggressive and ready to bite those people. This breed possesses the loyalty and amiable.
They are love to play with kids. This breeder have unique character like extreme tolerance with children. Even though it may be calm in nature, you have to frequently monitor while playing kids with dogs.
The breed is versatile and capable of accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. Like Frisbee, swimming, hide and seek and throw ball. If athlete train the dog they are perform and showcase their talents in the events. Even though they are outgoing dogs, they strictly follow their rules instruct by the master. They are obedient and trustworthy.
American Bully will do okay in an apartment living. Even though they live in moderate weather, they prefer warm climates only. They are love to live with people or even fellow dogs.
Comparison with other breeds
- French Bulldog vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Yorkshire Terrier vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs American Bully - Breed Comparison