American Bully vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
Poodle is originated from Germany but American Bully is originated from United States. Both Poodle and American Bully are having almost same height. Poodle may weigh 16 kg / 35 pounds lesser than American Bully. Poodle may live 3 years more than American Bully. Both Poodle and American Bully has same litter size. Poodle requires High Maintenance. But American Bully requires Low Maintenance
Poodles are said to be older breed which is developed to hunt waterfowl. They have their origin in Germany and developed as a breed in France. Many different arguements are there in their development. One of the arguement says that they are developed as a result of crossing European Water dogs. Egyptian and Roman histories have proof of Poodles in their drawings and statues. They were categorized into three types according to their size and are Miniature, Toy and Standard.
The American Bully breed was founded in the United States in the mid of 1990s also recognized by the United Kennel Club on July 15, 2013. They are augmentation from the American Pit Bull Terrier breed. The ultimate goal of creating this breed was the best family companion. They are selective breeding which means the characteristics and their temperament are artificial ones. So they are influenced by several other breeds like English Bulldog and Olde English Bulldog. Even though they are selective breeding, they possess the peculiar temperament is ultimate companion to their owners.
Poodles today lives a luxury life but actually they are bred to do work. They are well known for their intelligence and are really water retriever. This is because they show their energy in hunting waterfowl. The name Poodle is said to got from German word "Pudel" which means "splash in the water".
Their hair is trimmed in such a way to make them swim easily. Hair is not trimmed in the joints and organs such that to protect them from cold water. Poodles are well known for their wonderful personality and intelligence. Also they are very obedient and a good companion. They won't be happy if left alone for a long time. Poodles are interested in playing games with people. They perform very well if given a proper training. Good manners should be taught to them as they remember all things they have learned.
They have proper muscle tone. They are a good family dog. They are very active and agile because of their head and body proportion are balanced. Even though they are a smooth coat dog, they have a great strength because of their size. The super power of this dog possess tremendous stamina and power. An ultimate are essential for maintain the proper muscle tone and also avoid the gain of overweight. The American Bully dog possesses the intense energy to do well in performance and showcase their talents in the events.
There are four kinds of American Bully. Each and every breed has minor difference in their appearance also characteristics. They are,
- Extra Large (XL)
They have medium and large size compact body than the other varieties. The impression of this dog gives little bit rough and tough. But their behaviour is so gentle and also easily mingle with the people and fellow dogs.
The Classic kind is the inspired American Bully. They are light weight than the other varieties. So they have lighter body and less body mass. They have bones substance only not in buff.
The pocket bully possess the same characteristics and appearance of Standard bully. But the only one difference between both of us is height. The pocket bully is shorter than Standard. Even though it is a pocket bully it does not fit in anyone’s pocket, just for kidding.
Extra Large (XL):
Extra Large bully have heavily muscled. So they are very impressive according to the appearance wise. This is also similar to the Bully Standard, they are same in characteristics, temperament and appearance. They are easily weight gaining.
UKC- United Kennel Club
APBT- American Pit Bull Terrier
Usually poodles don't shed at all. Excessive shedding is the smptom of allergies in them. When they get other problems shedding accompanies with it. Even an infection may cause hairfall. Ringworm infections and pests should be controlled using appropriate medicines.
Joint and Hair fall problems:
Some bully breeders give drugs to their dogs. For the purpose a large muscular body and glossy hair. When the drugs are stopped the dog’s body shrinks back down to a normal size and the hair fall may happen. But it will made many health issues to their dogs, especially it will create organ and joint problems. So better to avoid the usage of drugs.
Sometimes drug’s impact can passed from mother to puppy. If you are adopt a puppy in the market be sure you can find a drug free dog. It will be avoid heritage issues also.
If the Bully have Cherry colour eye, are often affecting by the ectropion and entropion disease. It causes the eyelid is turned outwards away from the eyeball.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
Usually puppy eats more food than an adult dog. This is because they need more food to support growth. Actully puppies need two to four times more food than adult. Puppies should eat in such a way that their ribs should not be seen and waist must be visible.
Feeding the adult
Poodles can be fed with proteinous food, healthy grains, vegetables and fruits. They love to eat organs such as liver, kidney, brain and chicken breast, turkey and fish. Vegetables such as baby carrots, spinach and peas can be given to them. Make them to eat fruits like raspberries, banana and melon.
Points for Good Health
Dry kibble is not good for their teeth. Even some premium quality foods are not good for their health. Pig's ears are not safe to chew for them. Vaccinations should be made at the right time.
Games and Exercises
Exercises play an important role in their health and even extend their life. Poodles should be made to walk regularly. Exercising must be done to a particular level and they should not be over exercised.
This breed is naturally have glossy hair. So we can easily groom it. If we are using the dry shampoo and brush the hair as necessary for improve the hair’s health. After bathe rub with a piece of towel because this breed is average shedder.
Vaccination should be the top priority for pets. It will prevent the dogs from rabies. Keep the health check-ups frequently at least once a year.
The worms can easily affect our breed. But we are not easily found unless bully avoid having the food and also checking bully’s waste matter. De-Worming can be prevent by checked every three months to the veterinarian.
Vitamin supplements can help your bully’s nutritional health. There are a lot of vitamin supplements are available in market, but we recommended choosing the best American Bully supplements. The best food for bully needs quality meats that contains high protein rich and fat.
Keep doing exercise is improve the bully’s physique. They are very interested to chase Frisbee. But swimming and walking will be good for them. They are keen bond with master and their family members also like to play with fellow dogs.
Poodles are specialist in hunting water birds. They are good in swimming since they are covered with fur water will not easily get into their ears. They are well known for their intelligence like humans.
They are well suited for apartment living but won't be happy if left alone. They will tolerate hot weather better when compared with cold.
They are quick learners and learn good and bad things very quickly. Once they learn, they won't forget it up. Since poodles are so intelligent they are very easy to train.
Ideal Family Companion:
This breed is the best companion also obedient to their owners. It is very intelligent because they have a decision caliber. If anyone make harm to their master, it will aggressive and ready to bite those people. This breed possesses the loyalty and amiable.
They are love to play with kids. This breeder have unique character like extreme tolerance with children. Even though it may be calm in nature, you have to frequently monitor while playing kids with dogs.
The breed is versatile and capable of accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. Like Frisbee, swimming, hide and seek and throw ball. If athlete train the dog they are perform and showcase their talents in the events. Even though they are outgoing dogs, they strictly follow their rules instruct by the master. They are obedient and trustworthy.
American Bully will do okay in an apartment living. Even though they live in moderate weather, they prefer warm climates only. They are love to live with people or even fellow dogs.
Comparison with other breeds
- Poodle vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs American Bully - Breed Comparison