Siberian Husky vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
English Bulldog is originated from United Kingdom but Siberian Husky is originated from Russia. English Bulldog may grow 20 cm / 7 inches shorter than Siberian Husky. Both English Bulldog and Siberian Husky are having almost same weight. Both English Bulldog and Siberian Husky has almost same life span. English Bulldog may have less litter size than Siberian Husky. English Bulldog requires Low Maintenance. But Siberian Husky requires Moderate Maintenance
At earlier time Bulldogs were not as it was now. They were taller and was fierce in their nature. They were completely developed in England.The first breed was set in at about 1500. After that they were involved in a game called Bull baiting in England, where a fight was set in between a Bull and the Bulldog.
Bulldogs will be on full fierce by biting and holding the bull even when they jump or struggle, until they fall on the ground. After that Bull baiting was banned in England, and everyone thought Bulldog will disappear. But some breeders re engineered it and made it as it was now. In 1950s Bulldogs ranked among top 10 in America.
Chukchi is a tribe in Siberian nomads and huskies are beleived to be originated with them. DNA tests on huskies prove that they are the oldest among the dog breeds. Huskies are very close to Chukchi people and they used them to travel fast. Also children used to sleep with them as they provide body heat to them. Huskies also like to be very close to the children. In 1908 at the gold rush, huskies were imported to Alaska and used as sled dogs. In Alaska they were used for dog sled race until today.
Huskies were exported from Siberia and they continued their journey in North America. American kennel club recognized them in 1930 and the Siberian club of america has been founded in 1938.
Bulldogs are muscular in nature. They easily gain over weight and so exercising them is very mandatory. They are well suitable for apartment living, since they will always like to lie down and sleep. They will woke up only for their food. But they are very much faithful for their owners and it will be seen very loving when they come near and look at you.
Since they face respiratory problems they should not be compelled to play for very long time. Their look may be ferocious but they are very calm and loving towards others unless you do any harm to them or their owners.
The Huskies are said to be one of the beautiful dog breeds in the world. They are well known for their thick coat and blue coloured eyes. Huskies are really challenging for new dog owners. It is preferred to give them a fenced yard and the fence should be sunk well to the ground to prevent them from escaping, as they always try to escape. They are medium sized working dogs having high energy level. Initially huskies were developed as sled dogs.
They are affectionate and intelligent breed. Also they are independent in nature. They are kid friendly dogs and also are friendly with everyone including strangers. Huskies will be a good companion when given proper training and care. They are low shedders but it depends on the climate it lives. Normally they dont shed in cold climate but in warmer climate they will do. They shed heavily twice in a year for a three week strech. Normally huskies do not suit well for apartment living. They are not watchdogs as they will bark very rarely but it enjoys to howl.
Bulldog has chances of getting skin problems and hair fall is the initial for those skin problems. Normally they shed hair upto a considerable level.
Siberian husky suffers with minor health problems such as hypothyroidism, Progressive retinal atrophy and cataract. They are also prone to lose pigment in nose and muzzle. Some health problems occur due to bad breeding practices and some due to environmental problems where the puppy is brought up. They have also chances to get skin disease such as allergies.
When they are in the age of 2 to 5 years, they are having chances to hairloss due to Alopecia X. This condition mainly causes due to hair clipping in Siberians. They will be healthy but the hair will not grow in affected areas. Siberians are double coated and when the situation prevails the topcoat will fall off first and the undercoat follows it. The hair will fall off in both side of the dog in same area. Spaying or neutering will reduce such problems as it causes because of sex hormones.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
The puppy needs more energy and nutrients for its growth, so they must be fed several times a day but the amount should be less. They should not be given raw meat and foods that may be gone bad. The food given to puppy should be allowed to eat for only 20 minutes. After that time if balance food remains in bowl they should be removed and for the next meal new food should be given.
The puppy shall be given cooked food which we eat and it is preferable to give cooked meat and bones three times a week. Salt should be added less for them and sugar should not be given.
Feeding the adult
The bulldog can be fed 1 to 2 times per day, that is morning and evening. It is not recommended to give them soybean oil, chocolates and onions. Kibbles can also be given to them.
Points for Good Health
Nutritional food is the main factor for their health and the vaccinations should be made at the right time with consulting the veterinarian.
Games and Exercises
Bulldogs may have less energy, but they love to play. They can be made to chase after a ball or Frisbee. But short chasing will be good for them. They should not be made to play in hot sun as they suffer with some heat problems. Also they are interested in playing Tug of war, Hide and seek and solving puzzles.
Feeding the puppy
In one method of feeding the food will be given always available but this method is not recommended as it has some problems. This method is followed by large breeders because of lack of time to spend on individuals. Another method is to keep meal for 3 times a day. At about 12 to 16 weeks of age the meals can be reduced to two times a day. In this method the meal given should not be there after 15 minutes even if puppy did not ate. The important training for puppies while eating is they should not growl when the food is taken by its master.
Feeding the adult
Many Siberian experts don't like commercial dog food as they are sure that because of such foods dog may get problems like itching, dandruff, loose stools and hot spots. According to experts the good food for them are home cooked food from turkey, real chicken, beef and fish. Fruits and fresh vegetables are also very good for them. It is advised by dog owners to add only low salt or even without salt in their food. Also sugar is not good for them as it will bring some problems like hairfall and itching.
Points for Good Health
Siberians can be easily groomed. Their eyes should be checked in puppyhood as they get chances to get eye problems and hereditary eye diseases. It is advised to make siberians to bath once in a year and they must be brushed once in a week. While brushing, the ears should be inspected and its teeth should be brushed. It is good to trim the long hairs in their feet and also nails should be trimmed slightly and very carefully as they have blood vessels there.
Games and Exercises
To give siberians training and exercises the home should be prepared for them and it is better to make a fenced yard to prevent escapes. They have very high chances to escape and so the fence should be minimum 6 feet high and base should be strong as it should not break it or dig under to escape. Since they are active from their puppyhood they must be given lots of exercise. They should be socialized in their early stages as to get good behaviour and manners.
They are the best companion dogs. They take decisions after thinking for a while. They are very faithful for their owners, and if anybody does harm to their owners infront of them, then they will show their full energy and teach a lesson to them.
They adapt well for apartment living. They can be leaved alone in home for some hours but they love to stay with anyone in the house. They love to live in moderate weather, both hot and cold weather will bring problems to them.
Bulldog will not do all things you order them, as they think well and take their decision well. They think what will they get by doing what you say, and then only they will do it.
They are very good diggers and so they should be watched if they are in garden. They tolerate well in cold weather and mostly huskies can be seen in the area of snow falling. They are very good in pulling sledges.
They adapt well in cold weather. It is advised to give them a well fenced yard. They do not like apartment living. Also they do not like to be alone and if kept alone for long time they will disturb your house and make it dirty.
Training huskies is not so easy but it is a challenging job. Hence they are not recommended for new dog owners. Only experienced dog owners can train them and also high patience is required.
Comparison with other breeds
- German Shepherd vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Golden Retriever vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Labrador Retriever vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- West Highland White Terrier vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- French Bulldog vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Yorkshire Terrier vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison