Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
Siberian Husky is originated from Russia but Doberman Pinscher is originated from Germany. Siberian Husky may grow 12 cm / 4 inches shorter than Doberman Pinscher. Siberian Husky may weigh 18 kg / 39 pounds lesser than Doberman Pinscher. Siberian Husky may live 3 years more than Doberman Pinscher. Both Siberian Husky and Doberman Pinscher has almost same litter size. Siberian Husky requires Moderate Maintenance. But Doberman Pinscher requires Low Maintenance
Chukchi is a tribe in Siberian nomads and huskies are beleived to be originated with them. DNA tests on huskies prove that they are the oldest among the dog breeds. Huskies are very close to Chukchi people and they used them to travel fast. Also children used to sleep with them as they provide body heat to them. Huskies also like to be very close to the children. In 1908 at the gold rush, huskies were imported to Alaska and used as sled dogs. In Alaska they were used for dog sled race until today.
Huskies were exported from Siberia and they continued their journey in North America. American kennel club recognized them in 1930 and the Siberian club of america has been founded in 1938.
The origin of Doberman is Apolda, in Germany in 1890. It was officially recognized as a breed in 1900. The name originally called as Thuringer pinscher or Plizeilichi and the peer was renamed as DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1899.American Kennel Club recognized DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1908. The German tax collector called Karl friedrich developed Doberman.
He developed a breed that would be able to protect him from his surroundings and from his neighborhoods. This Dober also ran as a local animal shelter and approch many dogs for his breeding program. But karl did not kept any proper records or document for this breeds origin. Dobeis are also found through United States, Russia and South Africa.
The Huskies are said to be one of the beautiful dog breeds in the world. They are well known for their thick coat and blue coloured eyes. Huskies are really challenging for new dog owners. It is preferred to give them a fenced yard and the fence should be sunk well to the ground to prevent them from escaping, as they always try to escape. They are medium sized working dogs having high energy level. Initially huskies were developed as sled dogs.
They are affectionate and intelligent breed. Also they are independent in nature. They are kid friendly dogs and also are friendly with everyone including strangers. Huskies will be a good companion when given proper training and care. They are low shedders but it depends on the climate it lives. Normally they dont shed in cold climate but in warmer climate they will do. They shed heavily twice in a year for a three week strech. Normally huskies do not suit well for apartment living. They are not watchdogs as they will bark very rarely but it enjoys to howl.
Dobermans are certainly shorthaired mixed –breed shepherd dogs, this kind of dogs are chosen only for their intelligent, sound and endure. This breed is best in attitude and appearance, and now it is found in world wide. Dobermans are highly intelligent and fast runners. So mostly dobers are only suited for Police, Army and Guard works. Dobies are also used as guide dogs for the blind.
They are very elegant in appearance. Dobies are watchful, determined, energetic, fearless, obedient, alert and loyal. Dobies are short coat so it is easy for care. Brushing regularly can avoid shedding at home. They have almond shaped eyes, they have long narrow heads. The Doberman ears are often cropped but many of the owners like dobers by their nature. Dobers looking was always like a graceful giant.
Siberian husky suffers with minor health problems such as hypothyroidism, Progressive retinal atrophy and cataract. They are also prone to lose pigment in nose and muzzle. Some health problems occur due to bad breeding practices and some due to environmental problems where the puppy is brought up. They have also chances to get skin disease such as allergies.
When they are in the age of 2 to 5 years, they are having chances to hairloss due to Alopecia X. This condition mainly causes due to hair clipping in Siberians. They will be healthy but the hair will not grow in affected areas. Siberians are double coated and when the situation prevails the topcoat will fall off first and the undercoat follows it. The hair will fall off in both side of the dog in same area. Spaying or neutering will reduce such problems as it causes because of sex hormones.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
In one method of feeding the food will be given always available but this method is not recommended as it has some problems. This method is followed by large breeders because of lack of time to spend on individuals. Another method is to keep meal for 3 times a day. At about 12 to 16 weeks of age the meals can be reduced to two times a day. In this method the meal given should not be there after 15 minutes even if puppy did not ate. The important training for puppies while eating is they should not growl when the food is taken by its master.
Feeding the adult
Many Siberian experts don't like commercial dog food as they are sure that because of such foods dog may get problems like itching, dandruff, loose stools and hot spots. According to experts the good food for them are home cooked food from turkey, real chicken, beef and fish. Fruits and fresh vegetables are also very good for them. It is advised by dog owners to add only low salt or even without salt in their food. Also sugar is not good for them as it will bring some problems like hairfall and itching.
Points for Good Health
Siberians can be easily groomed. Their eyes should be checked in puppyhood as they get chances to get eye problems and hereditary eye diseases. It is advised to make siberians to bath once in a year and they must be brushed once in a week. While brushing, the ears should be inspected and its teeth should be brushed. It is good to trim the long hairs in their feet and also nails should be trimmed slightly and very carefully as they have blood vessels there.
Games and Exercises
To give siberians training and exercises the home should be prepared for them and it is better to make a fenced yard to prevent escapes. They have very high chances to escape and so the fence should be minimum 6 feet high and base should be strong as it should not break it or dig under to escape. Since they are active from their puppyhood they must be given lots of exercise. They should be socialized in their early stages as to get good behaviour and manners.
Dobers are mostly come in black, blue, red or fawn. Dobers are low maintenance for grooming. They were clean dogs because they never make a strong dog odor. Using brush in dobers hair for once per week reduces hair fall control. Dobers are not requiring frequent bathing most of the owners are getting bath for 3 or 4 times per year in grooming.
Feeding the puppy
You can feed your puppy 2-3 small meals per day until it was 4 months old. And then have to decrease one meal and two for a day. And often you should not keep food and leave food sitting out all the time. Then after six months needs to stop feeding much vitamins and minerals because it leads a several health problems in his muscle and joints.
This type of dogs should not be tied up alone outside, because it should be manifest itself by barking chewing. The people who are working for a long time should not be adopting this type of dogs. Naturally dobers are well protective to our home and people. At the same time small children must be supervised. At the same time if we are not strict, dobers would be get out of our hand.
Siberian huskies are very much affectionate with children. But it is necessary to train both parties to behave with each other. It is recommended to have an adult supervision for younger children.
They are very good diggers and so they should be watched if they are in garden. They tolerate well in cold weather and mostly huskies can be seen in the area of snow falling. They are very good in pulling sledges.
They adapt well in cold weather. It is advised to give them a well fenced yard. They do not like apartment living. Also they do not like to be alone and if kept alone for long time they will disturb your house and make it dirty.
Training huskies is not so easy but it is a challenging job. Hence they are not recommended for new dog owners. Only experienced dog owners can train them and also high patience is required.
Dobermans are individual in personalities. Some dogs are friendly and outgoing; some Dobies are reserved and shy. Some will be more dominant with other dogs it used to chase small dogs and cats. Most of the dobers are soft in character and love companionship with people.
Dobers have high energy level and it requires a lot of exercise in order to avoid harmful behavior to others. We should keep them interested because intelligent dogs are easily got bored. They mostly enjoys only in outing because they will be happy with the people who walks, runs and in bike riding.
When learning new things they are the best. Dobermans are not able to be a lazy. For many years dobers are the only dogs being excellent as police dogs. Because they are highly active in nature so they are interested in new this for learning.
Dobers are apartment adaptable dogs. They used to bark but are close and friendly to people. At the same time we have to train dobers to welcome the guest also.
Comparison with other breeds
- Siberian Husky vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison