Doberman Pinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
Both Boxer and Doberman Pinscher are originated from Germany. Boxer may grow 9 cm / 3 inches shorter than Doberman Pinscher. Boxer may weigh 13 kg / 28 pounds lesser than Doberman Pinscher. Boxer may live 4 years more than Doberman Pinscher. Both Boxer and Doberman Pinscher has almost same litter size. Both Boxer and Doberman Pinscher requires Low Maintenance.
In the late 19th century boxer was developed in Germany. It is a part of the Molosser dog group. The breed Brabanter Bullenbeisser is said to be the ancestor of the Boxer. He got the name Boxer as he stands with his back legs and does like a boxer do. In 1895 the breed came to a dog show by three germans named Friedrich Robert, Elard Konig and Hopner. In 1896 they founded the first boxer club as Deutscher Boxer Club. In 1902 the first Boxer breed standard was published by the club. The breed was introduced to United States in 20th century. The boxer involved in military work and also worked as a messenger dog. After 2nd world war they became popular as the soldiers brought them and introduced.
The origin of Doberman is Apolda, in Germany in 1890. It was officially recognized as a breed in 1900. The name originally called as Thuringer pinscher or Plizeilichi and the peer was renamed as DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1899.American Kennel Club recognized DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1908. The German tax collector called Karl friedrich developed Doberman.
He developed a breed that would be able to protect him from his surroundings and from his neighborhoods. This Dober also ran as a local animal shelter and approch many dogs for his breeding program. But karl did not kept any proper records or document for this breeds origin. Dobeis are also found through United States, Russia and South Africa.
Boxer is a breed which is medium in size and has short hair. They have very strong jaws as to hunt large prey even hanging on biting them. It belongs to the working group. Boxers are well known for their love and faithfullness. Also he is very intelligent and its cleanliness makes him to be good dog for home. They are very energetic and are playful in nature. When boxers where trained by giving reward to them it is sure that they will perform its best. Normally they like to have good companionship with humans and smaller dogs.
They are incredible in their alertness and well suitable for watchdog. Boxers will be playful and silly till 3 years as they will mature after that only. They require only a minimum amount of grooming. They are suitable for apartment living until they are with their owners. Boxer owners will be sure to enjoy its clownish behaviour. They will be excited many time and show that by spinning in circles and making a sound which the owner will understand that he is happy or he needs some thing which is in the hands of his owner.
Dobermans are certainly shorthaired mixed –breed shepherd dogs, this kind of dogs are chosen only for their intelligent, sound and endure. This breed is best in attitude and appearance, and now it is found in world wide. Dobermans are highly intelligent and fast runners. So mostly dobers are only suited for Police, Army and Guard works. Dobies are also used as guide dogs for the blind.
They are very elegant in appearance. Dobies are watchful, determined, energetic, fearless, obedient, alert and loyal. Dobies are short coat so it is easy for care. Brushing regularly can avoid shedding at home. They have almond shaped eyes, they have long narrow heads. The Doberman ears are often cropped but many of the owners like dobers by their nature. Dobers looking was always like a graceful giant.
The major health problems Boxers get includes Cancer, heart problems such as Aortic stenosis, Gastric dilatation and intestinal problems. Infection is the major problem in puppies. Boxers are also in a risk of getting degenerative myelopathy which is a neurologic problem. Allergies and skin problems are also a problem in them. It is difficult to recognize a growing puppy to be free from all diseases and the only thing we can do is to buy the puppy from a reputable breeder.
Boxers may lose their hair due to some diseases and conditions. When some materials such as nickel, rubber and wool are accidentally touched by them it may cause allergies and hairfall follows it. Some auto immune disorders leads to hairfall. Due to some inhalation of pollen or house dust the problem may happen. Some bacterial infection and hormonal problems may also leads to hairfall.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
Normally puppies require more food than adults to meet their energy requirement for growth. They should be fed in a correct time interval. The puppy food for large dogs must be chosen for their health. Boxer puppies must be fed twice in a day and two cups of food will be better for them for one time. Upto 6 months this method is recommended. Feeding them by dividing the meals into smaller portion will be good since they will eat too much and very fast. Weight of the puppy should be checked regularly and food should be given according to that.
Feeding the adult
The food given to the boxer will effect in the dog's health and its life span too. Also it should match our budget also. Overfeeding will make them overweight and thus bringing harm to them. It is recommended to feed boxer two times a day to avoid bloat. Food should be given such that the dog completely eats it and if they can't eat completely then the balance food must be thrown away to avoid over eating. They should not be given food while we eat even once as it will develop begging behaviour in them.
Games and Exercises
Boxers are not suitable for living in outdoors, since they have short coats and short noses. But they like to play in a fenced yard. It is recommended to make them walk for half an hour twice a day. Playing flyball with them will make them happy and making him exercised will give him a good behaviour.
Dobers are mostly come in black, blue, red or fawn. Dobers are low maintenance for grooming. They were clean dogs because they never make a strong dog odor. Using brush in dobers hair for once per week reduces hair fall control. Dobers are not requiring frequent bathing most of the owners are getting bath for 3 or 4 times per year in grooming.
Feeding the puppy
You can feed your puppy 2-3 small meals per day until it was 4 months old. And then have to decrease one meal and two for a day. And often you should not keep food and leave food sitting out all the time. Then after six months needs to stop feeding much vitamins and minerals because it leads a several health problems in his muscle and joints.
This type of dogs should not be tied up alone outside, because it should be manifest itself by barking chewing. The people who are working for a long time should not be adopting this type of dogs. Naturally dobers are well protective to our home and people. At the same time small children must be supervised. At the same time if we are not strict, dobers would be get out of our hand.
They are good kid friendly dogs. He is famous for his alertness and thus a wonderful watchdog. He loves to play with children. The nature of dog varies according to the heredity and society. The temperaments of the parents will effect in the puppy. Boxer is a friendly companion and loves to be with its family all the time and play with them.
Boxers are good for apartment living provided they are taken for a walk and exercised daily. It will be good if anyone stays with him always since he doesn't like being alone. He should be taken out only in a moderate weather as both hot and cold weather cannot be tolerated by him. He will suffer a lot in hot weather when compared with cold.
Training is necessary for them to refreshed physically and mentally. Boxer is a quick learner and rewarding them will make them more interested in doing it. Training should be started from basic commands like sit, stay and come. Boxer should be trained to not jump on visitors who come. They are very energetic and powerful and are eager to learn if properly taught.
Dobermans are individual in personalities. Some dogs are friendly and outgoing; some Dobies are reserved and shy. Some will be more dominant with other dogs it used to chase small dogs and cats. Most of the dobers are soft in character and love companionship with people.
Dobers have high energy level and it requires a lot of exercise in order to avoid harmful behavior to others. We should keep them interested because intelligent dogs are easily got bored. They mostly enjoys only in outing because they will be happy with the people who walks, runs and in bike riding.
When learning new things they are the best. Dobermans are not able to be a lazy. For many years dobers are the only dogs being excellent as police dogs. Because they are highly active in nature so they are interested in new this for learning.
Dobers are apartment adaptable dogs. They used to bark but are close and friendly to people. At the same time we have to train dobers to welcome the guest also.
Comparison with other breeds
- Boxer vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison