Aidi vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
Siberian Husky is originated from Russia but Aidi is originated from Morocco. Both Siberian Husky and Aidi are having almost same height. Both Siberian Husky and Aidi are having almost same weight. Both Siberian Husky and Aidi has almost same life span. Both Siberian Husky and Aidi has same litter size. Siberian Husky requires Moderate Maintenance. But Aidi requires Low Maintenance
Chukchi is a tribe in Siberian nomads and huskies are beleived to be originated with them. DNA tests on huskies prove that they are the oldest among the dog breeds. Huskies are very close to Chukchi people and they used them to travel fast. Also children used to sleep with them as they provide body heat to them. Huskies also like to be very close to the children. In 1908 at the gold rush, huskies were imported to Alaska and used as sled dogs. In Alaska they were used for dog sled race until today.
Huskies were exported from Siberia and they continued their journey in North America. American kennel club recognized them in 1930 and the Siberian club of america has been founded in 1938.
Aidi dog is also known as Berber dog. It originates from Marocco, where it has been kept to protect people from wild animals, strangers, and predators. It is considered that this breed has been utilized by the Barber tribe that is why it has a name Barber dog. Aidi has recently been protected by a club to keep its purity of the breed.
The Huskies are said to be one of the beautiful dog breeds in the world. They are well known for their thick coat and blue coloured eyes. Huskies are really challenging for new dog owners. It is preferred to give them a fenced yard and the fence should be sunk well to the ground to prevent them from escaping, as they always try to escape. They are medium sized working dogs having high energy level. Initially huskies were developed as sled dogs.
They are affectionate and intelligent breed. Also they are independent in nature. They are kid friendly dogs and also are friendly with everyone including strangers. Huskies will be a good companion when given proper training and care. They are low shedders but it depends on the climate it lives. Normally they dont shed in cold climate but in warmer climate they will do. They shed heavily twice in a year for a three week strech. Normally huskies do not suit well for apartment living. They are not watchdogs as they will bark very rarely but it enjoys to howl.
Aidi dog originate country is Morocco. A weight of the Aidi dog is 23-25kg while the height is 53-61cm. Female dogs are a little smaller than average males. Lifespan variates from 10-12 years, but it depends on every individual. Litter Size of Aidi is 5-8 puppies. Other Names for Aïdi are Atlas Mountain Dog, Atlas Shepherd Dog, Berber Dog, Chien de l'Atlas, Chien de Montagne de l'Atlas, Kabyle Dog.
Siberian husky suffers with minor health problems such as hypothyroidism, Progressive retinal atrophy and cataract. They are also prone to lose pigment in nose and muzzle. Some health problems occur due to bad breeding practices and some due to environmental problems where the puppy is brought up. They have also chances to get skin disease such as allergies.
When they are in the age of 2 to 5 years, they are having chances to hairloss due to Alopecia X. This condition mainly causes due to hair clipping in Siberians. They will be healthy but the hair will not grow in affected areas. Siberians are double coated and when the situation prevails the topcoat will fall off first and the undercoat follows it. The hair will fall off in both side of the dog in same area. Spaying or neutering will reduce such problems as it causes because of sex hormones.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
In one method of feeding the food will be given always available but this method is not recommended as it has some problems. This method is followed by large breeders because of lack of time to spend on individuals. Another method is to keep meal for 3 times a day. At about 12 to 16 weeks of age the meals can be reduced to two times a day. In this method the meal given should not be there after 15 minutes even if puppy did not ate. The important training for puppies while eating is they should not growl when the food is taken by its master.
Feeding the adult
Many Siberian experts don't like commercial dog food as they are sure that because of such foods dog may get problems like itching, dandruff, loose stools and hot spots. According to experts the good food for them are home cooked food from turkey, real chicken, beef and fish. Fruits and fresh vegetables are also very good for them. It is advised by dog owners to add only low salt or even without salt in their food. Also sugar is not good for them as it will bring some problems like hairfall and itching.
Points for Good Health
Siberians can be easily groomed. Their eyes should be checked in puppyhood as they get chances to get eye problems and hereditary eye diseases. It is advised to make siberians to bath once in a year and they must be brushed once in a week. While brushing, the ears should be inspected and its teeth should be brushed. It is good to trim the long hairs in their feet and also nails should be trimmed slightly and very carefully as they have blood vessels there.
Games and Exercises
To give siberians training and exercises the home should be prepared for them and it is better to make a fenced yard to prevent escapes. They have very high chances to escape and so the fence should be minimum 6 feet high and base should be strong as it should not break it or dig under to escape. Since they are active from their puppyhood they must be given lots of exercise. They should be socialized in their early stages as to get good behaviour and manners.
Feeding the breed
Feeding Aidi dog depends on the activity and size of each individual. Overall, for a medium-sized dog with average activity 2-2.5 cups of high-quality food would be enough, but if your dog is a very active dog, you should give him extra food. They love eating, so giving your dog healthy fruit and vegetables would be a very nice treat and addition to dry food. Olive oil is also very good for your dog’s coat and digestive system.
Feeding the puppy
Puppies need to have more meals per day, so dividing 3-4 cups of food into 3-5 meals per day should be a good amount of food for your puppy. Also, regular intake of vitamins and minerals would do a lot of benefits for the health of your dog.
Aida is a very easy dog for grooming. They have a coat that really needs a little extra attention. Few brushing on a monthly basis with an occasional bathing couple of times a year would be enough to have a perfectly groomed dog. They don’t shed a lot, so little extra brushing during the shed period is all you need.
They are very good diggers and so they should be watched if they are in garden. They tolerate well in cold weather and mostly huskies can be seen in the area of snow falling. They are very good in pulling sledges.
They adapt well in cold weather. It is advised to give them a well fenced yard. They do not like apartment living. Also they do not like to be alone and if kept alone for long time they will disturb your house and make it dirty.
Training huskies is not so easy but it is a challenging job. Hence they are not recommended for new dog owners. Only experienced dog owners can train them and also high patience is required.
Aidi is an active dog who loves spending time outside in large space. They are not recommended for people who live in the apartments. They are very protective dogs, so they will be a perfect guard dog for large houses.
They are amazing with children. Aidi is a very gentle to small kids, and they tend to bond very quickly. It is very important to socialize them on time because they tend to be aggressive towards other animals and people if not properly trained. The best way to socialize them is to spend time with other pets since the early age.
Training of the Aidi
Training of the Aidi might be tricky because it requires constancy and patience. It is also very important to be a firm but without any aggression towards a dog. Awarding and positive training is a must with this breed.
One of the most important things is that Aidi needs to spend a lot of time being active. They need a lot of space to be comfortable even though they do not need a lot of running.
They are very smart dogs who come from a history of guarding dogs, so proper socialization is a must. Aidi is not recommendable for the first time owners. They need a lot of practice and training to be a perfectly good pet.
Comparison with other breeds
- Siberian Husky vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Abruzzenhund - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Afghan Hound - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Aidi - Breed Comparison