Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
Doberman Pinscher is originated from Germany but Askal is originated from Philippines. Both Doberman Pinscher and Askal are having almost same height. Doberman Pinscher may weigh 16 kg / 36 pounds more than Askal. Doberman Pinscher may live 4 years less than Askal. Doberman Pinscher may have more litter size than Askal. Both Doberman Pinscher and Askal requires Low Maintenance.
The origin of Doberman is Apolda, in Germany in 1890. It was officially recognized as a breed in 1900. The name originally called as Thuringer pinscher or Plizeilichi and the peer was renamed as DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1899.American Kennel Club recognized DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1908. The German tax collector called Karl friedrich developed Doberman.
He developed a breed that would be able to protect him from his surroundings and from his neighborhoods. This Dober also ran as a local animal shelter and approch many dogs for his breeding program. But karl did not kept any proper records or document for this breeds origin. Dobeis are also found through United States, Russia and South Africa.
The Askal is a native dog of the Philippines where until fairly recently it was viewed condescendingly. As strays they have been slaughtered and dished up at the dinner table. Fortunately, campaigns have been launched to protect the dogs. The Askal has existed in the Philippines for centuries but the actual origin of the dogs is unknown. Some people speculate about the dogs, saying they look like the Dingo and must have descended from Australia’s native dog.
PAWS which is an animal Rescue and Re-homing, non-profit group encourages the use of the term Aspin for the dog as opposed to Askal and has had campaigns to promote the Aspin as a wonderful, local pet – loyal, robust and intelligent. In fact the Aspin Club has now been formed to give the dogs a club of their own and to promote the local breed.
Dobermans are certainly shorthaired mixed –breed shepherd dogs, this kind of dogs are chosen only for their intelligent, sound and endure. This breed is best in attitude and appearance, and now it is found in world wide. Dobermans are highly intelligent and fast runners. So mostly dobers are only suited for Police, Army and Guard works. Dobies are also used as guide dogs for the blind.
They are very elegant in appearance. Dobies are watchful, determined, energetic, fearless, obedient, alert and loyal. Dobies are short coat so it is easy for care. Brushing regularly can avoid shedding at home. They have almond shaped eyes, they have long narrow heads. The Doberman ears are often cropped but many of the owners like dobers by their nature. Dobers looking was always like a graceful giant.
Askals make awesome companions – intelligent and loving and their status is improving.
Smart to Train
Askals are now being trained to be bomb and narcotics sniffing dogs and it seems as though there are talks about making the Askal the national dog of the Philippines. They’re smart enough to train and socialize if you train them with patience and kindness.
They are medium-sized, feisty dogs with fairly long thin legs with short dense coats of many different colours. With their long, pointed muzzles and good, strong teeth, their ear shapes vary too, as some have pricked ears, while others have one pricked and one floppy ear.
Loyal to Family and Good with Kids
The Askal will make a good watch dogs and he is protective with hisr human family, getting on well with children in the home, loving their energy and games.
Fewer Genes in Common - Healthier Pets
Askals are healthy dogs because they are a mixed breed. The parents of a mongrel puppy have fewer genes in common than would be with a pure-bred mating. This is a distinct health advantage and mongrels are healthier and live longer than pure bred dogs. Street dogs have greater generic diversity and this gives them high resistance to many common dog illnesses.
Vaccinations Imperative for Askal Puppy
The Askal is a tough, low maintenance dog that won’t cost you a lot of money in veterinary bills. Every Askal puppy will have to be taken to the vet to get his must-have vaccinations to protect him from killer dog diseases.
Caring The Pet
Dobers are mostly come in black, blue, red or fawn. Dobers are low maintenance for grooming. They were clean dogs because they never make a strong dog odor. Using brush in dobers hair for once per week reduces hair fall control. Dobers are not requiring frequent bathing most of the owners are getting bath for 3 or 4 times per year in grooming.
Feeding the puppy
You can feed your puppy 2-3 small meals per day until it was 4 months old. And then have to decrease one meal and two for a day. And often you should not keep food and leave food sitting out all the time. Then after six months needs to stop feeding much vitamins and minerals because it leads a several health problems in his muscle and joints.
This type of dogs should not be tied up alone outside, because it should be manifest itself by barking chewing. The people who are working for a long time should not be adopting this type of dogs. Naturally dobers are well protective to our home and people. At the same time small children must be supervised. At the same time if we are not strict, dobers would be get out of our hand.
the Askal is a low shedder and to keep him in tip-top condition will require you brushing his shor-haired coat twice a week.
Askals dogs are native Philippine dogs and aren’t difficult to feed. While you want to give your Askal the best quality food possible, they are unlike pure breed pedigrees and their stomachs are far more resilient to disease causing organisms that may upset the stomach. Having such a robust dog as a pet will cost you less in dog food as they can tolerate cheaper quality foods and left over scraps from the family table. Make sure the food you toss to him is fresh as you don’t want to take his strong stomach for granted and risk him getting sick. If you’re able to provide your Askal with hone cooked food, rice, vegetables and meat will be perfect for this wonderful pet of yours. Feeding your Askal will depend on your budget, but that’s the beauty with the Askal – it’s a dog that every dog-lover can own because this isn’t an exotic, expensive dog. Make sure he always has access to a bowl of clean, cool water.
The Askal has always roamed the Phillipine streets. Every dog will require some form of exercising and the Askal is no different. Take him for walks or play ball games with him to ensure he is stimulated and made to feel part of the family.
Dobermans are individual in personalities. Some dogs are friendly and outgoing; some Dobies are reserved and shy. Some will be more dominant with other dogs it used to chase small dogs and cats. Most of the dobers are soft in character and love companionship with people.
Dobers have high energy level and it requires a lot of exercise in order to avoid harmful behavior to others. We should keep them interested because intelligent dogs are easily got bored. They mostly enjoys only in outing because they will be happy with the people who walks, runs and in bike riding.
When learning new things they are the best. Dobermans are not able to be a lazy. For many years dobers are the only dogs being excellent as police dogs. Because they are highly active in nature so they are interested in new this for learning.
Dobers are apartment adaptable dogs. They used to bark but are close and friendly to people. At the same time we have to train dobers to welcome the guest also.
The Askal is an independent canine, street-smart and intelligent. He is a great pet for anyone who hasn't owned a pet before as he is low maintenance and undemanding.
Just your Regular Dog-Next Door
The Askal is intelligent and you won't have trouble teaching him some tricks and socializing him. He gets on well with children in the home as well as with other pets and his loyalty and devotion will ensure that he makes one hang of a companion.
He is just your 'dog next door', has no hang-ups and is simple to please. Be patient and kind to him and you'll be rewarded by having an awesome best friend.
Your Askal is wanting to be your unconditional friend through thick and thin. His undemanding, low maintenance character will mean that you won't be running to the vet with him all the time. Look after him well, include him as a member of the family and in exchange you'll have a wonderful best friend.
Comparison with other breeds
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs American Bully - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Abruzzenhund - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Affenpinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Afghan Hound - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Aidi - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Airedale Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Akbash Dog - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Akita - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Africanis - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Askal - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Askal - Breed Comparison