Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
Both Poodle and Doberman Pinscher are originated from Germany. Poodle may grow 27 cm / 10 inches shorter than Doberman Pinscher. Poodle may weigh 11 kg / 24 pounds lesser than Doberman Pinscher. Poodle may live 4 years more than Doberman Pinscher. Both Poodle and Doberman Pinscher has almost same litter size. Poodle requires High Maintenance. But Doberman Pinscher requires Low Maintenance
Poodles are said to be older breed which is developed to hunt waterfowl. They have their origin in Germany and developed as a breed in France. Many different arguements are there in their development. One of the arguement says that they are developed as a result of crossing European Water dogs. Egyptian and Roman histories have proof of Poodles in their drawings and statues. They were categorized into three types according to their size and are Miniature, Toy and Standard.
The origin of Doberman is Apolda, in Germany in 1890. It was officially recognized as a breed in 1900. The name originally called as Thuringer pinscher or Plizeilichi and the peer was renamed as DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1899.American Kennel Club recognized DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1908. The German tax collector called Karl friedrich developed Doberman.
He developed a breed that would be able to protect him from his surroundings and from his neighborhoods. This Dober also ran as a local animal shelter and approch many dogs for his breeding program. But karl did not kept any proper records or document for this breeds origin. Dobeis are also found through United States, Russia and South Africa.
Poodles today lives a luxury life but actually they are bred to do work. They are well known for their intelligence and are really water retriever. This is because they show their energy in hunting waterfowl. The name Poodle is said to got from German word "Pudel" which means "splash in the water".
Their hair is trimmed in such a way to make them swim easily. Hair is not trimmed in the joints and organs such that to protect them from cold water. Poodles are well known for their wonderful personality and intelligence. Also they are very obedient and a good companion. They won't be happy if left alone for a long time. Poodles are interested in playing games with people. They perform very well if given a proper training. Good manners should be taught to them as they remember all things they have learned.
Dobermans are certainly shorthaired mixed –breed shepherd dogs, this kind of dogs are chosen only for their intelligent, sound and endure. This breed is best in attitude and appearance, and now it is found in world wide. Dobermans are highly intelligent and fast runners. So mostly dobers are only suited for Police, Army and Guard works. Dobies are also used as guide dogs for the blind.
They are very elegant in appearance. Dobies are watchful, determined, energetic, fearless, obedient, alert and loyal. Dobies are short coat so it is easy for care. Brushing regularly can avoid shedding at home. They have almond shaped eyes, they have long narrow heads. The Doberman ears are often cropped but many of the owners like dobers by their nature. Dobers looking was always like a graceful giant.
Poodles have more chances for getting eye diseases such as Progressive retinal atrophy and cataracts. Cancer is also seen in them and there are chances of skin problems such as allergies and tumors.
Usually poodles don't shed at all. Excessive shedding is the smptom of allergies in them. When they get other problems shedding accompanies with it. Even an infection may cause hairfall. Ringworm infections and pests should be controlled using appropriate medicines.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
Usually puppy eats more food than an adult dog. This is because they need more food to support growth. Actully puppies need two to four times more food than adult. Puppies should eat in such a way that their ribs should not be seen and waist must be visible.
Feeding the adult
Poodles can be fed with proteinous food, healthy grains, vegetables and fruits. They love to eat organs such as liver, kidney, brain and chicken breast, turkey and fish. Vegetables such as baby carrots, spinach and peas can be given to them. Make them to eat fruits like raspberries, banana and melon.
Points for Good Health
Dry kibble is not good for their teeth. Even some premium quality foods are not good for their health. Pig's ears are not safe to chew for them. Vaccinations should be made at the right time.
Games and Exercises
Exercises play an important role in their health and even extend their life. Poodles should be made to walk regularly. Exercising must be done to a particular level and they should not be over exercised.
Dobers are mostly come in black, blue, red or fawn. Dobers are low maintenance for grooming. They were clean dogs because they never make a strong dog odor. Using brush in dobers hair for once per week reduces hair fall control. Dobers are not requiring frequent bathing most of the owners are getting bath for 3 or 4 times per year in grooming.
Feeding the puppy
You can feed your puppy 2-3 small meals per day until it was 4 months old. And then have to decrease one meal and two for a day. And often you should not keep food and leave food sitting out all the time. Then after six months needs to stop feeding much vitamins and minerals because it leads a several health problems in his muscle and joints.
This type of dogs should not be tied up alone outside, because it should be manifest itself by barking chewing. The people who are working for a long time should not be adopting this type of dogs. Naturally dobers are well protective to our home and people. At the same time small children must be supervised. At the same time if we are not strict, dobers would be get out of our hand.
They are good companions and usually likes to spend time with children. Even they are children friendly it is strongly recommended not to leave children alone with them.
Poodles are specialist in hunting water birds. They are good in swimming since they are covered with fur water will not easily get into their ears. They are well known for their intelligence like humans.
They are well suited for apartment living but won't be happy if left alone. They will tolerate hot weather better when compared with cold.
They are quick learners and learn good and bad things very quickly. Once they learn, they won't forget it up. Since poodles are so intelligent they are very easy to train.
Dobermans are individual in personalities. Some dogs are friendly and outgoing; some Dobies are reserved and shy. Some will be more dominant with other dogs it used to chase small dogs and cats. Most of the dobers are soft in character and love companionship with people.
Dobers have high energy level and it requires a lot of exercise in order to avoid harmful behavior to others. We should keep them interested because intelligent dogs are easily got bored. They mostly enjoys only in outing because they will be happy with the people who walks, runs and in bike riding.
When learning new things they are the best. Dobermans are not able to be a lazy. For many years dobers are the only dogs being excellent as police dogs. Because they are highly active in nature so they are interested in new this for learning.
Dobers are apartment adaptable dogs. They used to bark but are close and friendly to people. At the same time we have to train dobers to welcome the guest also.
Comparison with other breeds
- Poodle vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison