Doberman Pinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
Beagle is originated from United Kingdom but Doberman Pinscher is originated from Germany. Beagle may grow 31 cm / 12 inches shorter than Doberman Pinscher. Beagle may weigh 34 kg / 74 pounds lesser than Doberman Pinscher. Beagle may live 5 years more than Doberman Pinscher. Beagle may have more litter size than Doberman Pinscher. Both Beagle and Doberman Pinscher requires Low Maintenance.
There are some accounts of similar size dogs used for hunting in Greece in 5th century BCE. During 8th century the Talbot Hound breed was created. In 11th century Talbot Hound was brought to England by William the Conqueror. While using in hunting they are found to be a slow runner. To overcome the situation and increase their running speed the hunting people bred Talbot Hound with Grey hounds. The beagles described earlier were very small in size and are said as pocket beagles.
The origin of Doberman is Apolda, in Germany in 1890. It was officially recognized as a breed in 1900. The name originally called as Thuringer pinscher or Plizeilichi and the peer was renamed as DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1899.American Kennel Club recognized DOBERMAN PINSCHER in 1908. The German tax collector called Karl friedrich developed Doberman.
He developed a breed that would be able to protect him from his surroundings and from his neighborhoods. This Dober also ran as a local animal shelter and approch many dogs for his breeding program. But karl did not kept any proper records or document for this breeds origin. Dobeis are also found through United States, Russia and South Africa.
They are small and compact breed, and always happy and fun loving. They should be trained by patient and creative training techniques. Beagles are very much interested in using their nose in finding interesting scents and are food focussed. They always wake their neighbours at 6 am by their half howling. They think everyone is their best friend and love to have friendship with other animals and humans. They have about 220 million scent receptors and are said as "a nose with feet" by humorist Dave Barry.
We can see beagles at many airports in their duty. They can easily trace out the illegal things being smuggled. Since they are small in size they are suitable for apartment living. But they like to walk around several times. They should be exercised for plenty of time. Obedience training should be given to them by giving food reward. Beagles are wanderers of nature and so if possible they will try to escape. So it is necessary to make them microchipped or to wear a collar, to find them easily.
Dobermans are certainly shorthaired mixed –breed shepherd dogs, this kind of dogs are chosen only for their intelligent, sound and endure. This breed is best in attitude and appearance, and now it is found in world wide. Dobermans are highly intelligent and fast runners. So mostly dobers are only suited for Police, Army and Guard works. Dobies are also used as guide dogs for the blind.
They are very elegant in appearance. Dobies are watchful, determined, energetic, fearless, obedient, alert and loyal. Dobies are short coat so it is easy for care. Brushing regularly can avoid shedding at home. They have almond shaped eyes, they have long narrow heads. The Doberman ears are often cropped but many of the owners like dobers by their nature. Dobers looking was always like a graceful giant.
Beagle's ears should be checked occasionally for any sign of infections like discoloured wax, dirt or foul odour. Also their nails should be trimmed regularly. They should be exercised regularly in order to maintain a proper weight. The most common health problems in beagles are obesity, epilepsy and allergies.
They are average shedders and having short hair thus it is easy to groom. They should be made to bath with a mild and non irritant shampoo.
Caring The Pet
Feeding the puppy
After 4 weeks of birth the puppy can be given solid foods by slowly increasing the ratio for many weeks. The recommended food is fresh meat of chicken breast, lamb, turkey and lean hamburger. The vegetables can be given as raw or steamed. The vegetables that will be good for them are raw baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and sweet peas. The puppies should be fed 3 to 4 small meals per day as they require more nutrients for their growth.
Feeding the adult
The grown up dog should be fed with the same food and 1 complete meal is enough for them. The meal should be given at noon. The food should be given based on calories as they should not get overweight. In addition to food, fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, banana and mango can also be given to them periodically.
Points for Good Health
Beagles should be exercised daily in order to maintain proper weight. Beagles are average shedders and having short hair which is easy to groom. They should be made to bath periodically with a mild shampoo.
Games and Exercises
Moderate exercise such as walking and cardio exercise such as chasing a ball should be given to them for staying them to be active and for maintaining good health.
Dobers are mostly come in black, blue, red or fawn. Dobers are low maintenance for grooming. They were clean dogs because they never make a strong dog odor. Using brush in dobers hair for once per week reduces hair fall control. Dobers are not requiring frequent bathing most of the owners are getting bath for 3 or 4 times per year in grooming.
Feeding the puppy
You can feed your puppy 2-3 small meals per day until it was 4 months old. And then have to decrease one meal and two for a day. And often you should not keep food and leave food sitting out all the time. Then after six months needs to stop feeding much vitamins and minerals because it leads a several health problems in his muscle and joints.
This type of dogs should not be tied up alone outside, because it should be manifest itself by barking chewing. The people who are working for a long time should not be adopting this type of dogs. Naturally dobers are well protective to our home and people. At the same time small children must be supervised. At the same time if we are not strict, dobers would be get out of our hand.
They are very good companion for children. They love to play and spend time with children.
They have millions of scent receptors and so they can be seen in Airports and many important places in duty. Also they are interested in hunting small rodents.
They adapt well for apartment living but they don't like being alone for a long time. If kept alone for a long time in back yard they will begin to bark and dig pit or try to escape. Beagle likes hot weather more than cold weather.
Beagles are difficult to train up. Many people say it will take about one year to house train beagles. They have an attitude of "what's in it for me". But it depends on the personality and temperament of the individual.
Dobermans are individual in personalities. Some dogs are friendly and outgoing; some Dobies are reserved and shy. Some will be more dominant with other dogs it used to chase small dogs and cats. Most of the dobers are soft in character and love companionship with people.
Dobers have high energy level and it requires a lot of exercise in order to avoid harmful behavior to others. We should keep them interested because intelligent dogs are easily got bored. They mostly enjoys only in outing because they will be happy with the people who walks, runs and in bike riding.
When learning new things they are the best. Dobermans are not able to be a lazy. For many years dobers are the only dogs being excellent as police dogs. Because they are highly active in nature so they are interested in new this for learning.
Dobers are apartment adaptable dogs. They used to bark but are close and friendly to people. At the same time we have to train dobers to welcome the guest also.
Comparison with other breeds
- Beagle vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Beagle vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Yorkshire Terrier vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Poodle vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Rottweiler vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Boxer vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- English Pointer vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Siberian Husky vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Beagle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs German Shepherd - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Golden Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Labrador Retriever - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs West Highland White Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs French Bulldog - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Poodle - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Rottweiler - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Boxer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs English Pointer - Breed Comparison
- Doberman Pinscher vs Siberian Husky - Breed Comparison
- American Bully vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Abruzzenhund vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Affenpinscher vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Afghan Hound vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aidi vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Airedale Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akbash Dog vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Akita vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Africanis vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Askal vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Atlas Terrier vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison
- Aussie Poo vs Doberman Pinscher - Breed Comparison